White clay is mostly recommended for people with dry and sensitive skin, but not only. Its biggest advantage is that it’s a Natural product, from the depths of the earth, and is a source of beneficial ingredients for our skin.
White clay (kaolin)
Also known as porcelain clay or Chinese clay. It’s very Delicate. Nourishes the skin, relieves inflammations, smoothens and slightly tightens pores. It improves skin tone and has a scarring effect. Recommended for sensitive, Delicate, dry skin, prone to allergies and inflammation. Commonly used as an ingredient in cosmetics. Suitable not only for sensitive, dry or mature skin but also for children.
Properties of white clay
The white clay mask has a beneficial effect on our skin. What’s important, white clay contains numerous minerals and elements such as: silicon and aluminum, but also iron, calcium, potassium, sodium, magnesium and titanium. White clay has pH which is neutral for the skin, doesn’t cause allergies and helps properly care for the condition of our skin.
Most importantly, the white clay mask is recommended for people with all skin types. It’s all due to many important functions:
- it nourishes, moisturizes and brightens the skin – so we look fresh and radiant all the time;
- it cleanses the skin, reduces scars, narrows pores, so it’s great for skin with problems, also helps fight acne;
- it reduces wrinkles and makes the skin firm, which is why it’s recommended for people with mature skin;
- it regenerates the skin, makes it less grey and brighter – so it should be used by people who look tired or fatigued.
Homemade white clay mask recipe
To make a homemade white clay mask you will need:
- 1 teaspoon of white clay;
- 1 tablespoon of rose or mineral water;
- a few drops of Essential oils, for example: jojoba oil, lavender oil, coconut oil or almond oil.
The best way to prepare a white clay mask is as follows:
- put clay into a small bowl and cover it gently with water,
- add oils and mix until you obtain a homogeneous, fairly thick consistency,
- your face should be prepared in advance – thoroughly washed and exfoliated, so it’s recommended to use a peeling before. The calloused epidermis makes a barrier to the nutritional values of white clay masks absorbed deep into the skin,
- apply a thick layer of the mask and wait 15 minutes, meanwhile spraying the face with thermal water so that the mask doesn’t dry,
- wash your face with warm water.
What not to do?
- We always mix clay in cool water because in warm water it loses its properties.
- Don’t use a metal spoon or metal bowl to mix the clay.
- After applying to the face, don’t let the clay dry, spray it with water, thermal water or a Hydrolat.